Fair, reliable and valid assessments contains well-written items that can assess what someone needs to learn before a learning event and, afterwards, measure what they have learned from it.
Skillfully crafted items promote learning and memory recall and can help retain knowledge over time. But writing good items isn’t as easy as it looks.
This webinar provides helpful guidance and tips for people who are are new to item writing, or those who are looking for ideas on coaching subject matter experts (SMEs) on item writing techniques.
The webinar will cover:
- The elements that make up a well written item
- Considerations for writing a clear, concise stimulus
- Tips for creating plausible and effective distractors
- Common mistakes to avoid such as grammatical cues and other hints
- The importance of validity and reliability
- Considerations for online authoring and delivery of items
Submit the form to watch the recording and get a copy of the slides